My Dear Jonathan

My Dear Jonathan

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Suicide and children

Do you ever wonder if your child is strong enough to handle the life as a student in elementary or high school? Do you ever think about what your child would do if they aren't strong enough? What about suicide, do you ever wonder if your child knows enough to commit such an act? Well I didn't. Why would I? I never in a million years thought that my child wouldn't be able to handle the life as a child. Maybe because after his death I came to the realization that the things children have to go through in school are not in most cases ok. I wont go into the details of all the things that happen in our schools that make our children feel weak and helpless, I'm sure you watch the news. The subject of this blog is about how we as parents think that our children are children and have no worries. We are wrong!! Not only do they have worries they also have minds that wonder how they can get rid of these worries. No matter how much we want to believe that our children have never thought of suicide much less how they will do it, they have. Life is happening all around them and everyday on the news, on the Internet, and in the papers our children our hearing and reading about someone somewhere who is committing suicide.As sad as it is and as much as we don't want to think about it there are more children then we think wondering if things would be easier on them if they just weren't here. My suggestion to every parent out there is to be aware, be aware of your child's friends and enemies. Don't brush their silence or their acting out off as your child being a child. Look into the situation at hand and if you're not satisfied with the answers you receive, don't let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment