My Dear Jonathan

My Dear Jonathan

Thursday, May 20, 2010

The pain I feel for others

I had no idea that when I started this blog that I wouldn't be blogging everyday. I honestly thought I had so much to talk about about that I could blog everyday all day long. I have come to find out in the las two weeks that I am not as ready as I thought to talk. Its weird because I do want to talk but I seem to be picking and choosing that things I want to talk about. I have deleted so many blogs in the past few weeks.

Today must be one of those days that I feel like talking. I think its because in the last few weeks I have been reading the papers and watching the news and it all seems to be about children dieing. I cant seem to get my mind off of all these parents that are losing their children. Why? Why do these kids need to go before us? A question I will have to wait for an answer to. First their was the 2 children, brother and sister, who died in Medina County in a car accident, then a young man at my daughters school who died in a motorcycle accident, and the young 13 year old who accidentally hung himself with a chain in Lorain County. I think that is what I read. Of course the last one really hit home and I feel for all the family's but the siblings. Oh my gosh I couldn't imagine losing two of my children at once. Losing one was bad enough. Every time I watched the news and heard this story my heart started to beat really fast and tears just poured down my cheeks. How could God take them both? Why would he make these parents go through this? I asked my self these questions under my breath and out loud until my husband answered and said "why do you keep asking that same question? Knowing your not gonna get an answer why even beat your self up?" All I could say was just because.
going through what I have been through I have a special place in my heart for any parent that has gone through the same. I cant seem to think about my own pain because I'm always worried about others. It would be selfish of me not to. There is always someone out there that needs me to pray for then and think of them. I just wish that it was under better circumstances. I don't even know any of these kids that have went on to Heaven but that doesn't make the pain in my chest any less significant. If I could make the pain that I feel disappear for so many others, that would definitely be on my list of things to do, the number one thing to do. My heart weighs heavy for those who have lost a child and I cant stop the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment