My Dear Jonathan

My Dear Jonathan

Saturday, April 17, 2010

the worst day of a parents life

Tuesday April 15, 2008 was supose to be a day like any other and it turned out to be a day like no other. I woke up that day with no worries. I went off to my board meeting, my husbad off to work and my children off to school. Normal day right?
On this day I sat in my meeting wondering and worrying about Jonathan for some reason I could not get him off of my mind. I think about all of my children often of course but on this particular day Jonathan was weighing on my mind heavily. Maybe because he had been having some trouble with friends and school. Either way he was my focus.

On my way home from the meeting I had tried to call home and got no answer, wasnt a big deal, kids were outside playing and husband still wasnt home from work. When I got home two of my children were home, Jonathan was the child who didnt make it home from school. First instinct being to call the school and of course got no answer. The other kids didnt know where he was all they knew was he didnt ride the bus home and he didnt ride his bike home. I of course take off to look for him only to find him riding his bike home from school after he had just gotten in trouble. He had been in somewhat of a fight that day with another classmate and had to stay after school.
We headed home and when we got there I sent him in the house with the other kids and by this time my husband was home. I went on to the store.

This is where my day gets worse! As I leave the store I look up to the sky and I ask GOD to please make Jonathan happy. Much to my surprise "happy" for Jonathan ment becoming an angel because when I got home that is the path we were headed down. By 3:30am April 16, 2008 Jonathan had joined so many other children that were now watching over their parents instead of their parents watching over them.

There are obviously more details to this day and i will share them later.

Now what...........this is what i asked my self?

No comments:

Post a Comment